Wednesday, June 25, 2014

GPS

God is Preparing Something for me! 

My life has been a whirlwind the last five years.  I will spare you the details, but you will see glimpses of my past adventures as I share lessons learned on this journey.  I couldn't help but think about every time I prepare to take a drive to an unfamiliar place, I quickly map my trip using the GPS on my vehicle, phone or some other mobile device.  I have strong Type A tendencies and I dare not know where I'm going or how long it will take me to get there! 

Recently I purchased another vehicle, my son, Jay (you'll meet him later if you haven't) said, "Mommy this new truck doesn't have navigation.  We'll get lost and we won't know where we're going!"  (I opted for a DVD player rather than navigation this time around.  I do miss having built-in navigation too.) I quickly responded, "Jay, I can use my phone or tablet.  I can even buy a separate GPS.  I want to make sure you enjoy your trips by being able to watch movies or play video games. We'll find our way."  I didn't realize how dependent we have become on NAVI.  Luckily I have a very good sense of direction and I WILL stop and ask for directions if all things GOOGLE fail.             
As my journey continues, in the last couple of years, I've veered way off course. So far off track, I keep hearing...."recalculating!"  I get nervous and concerned every time I hear the GPS' female voice say that word.  I hate not knowing where I'm going.

God is teaching me a lesson here.  I have to trust where He's taking me and stop worrying about how I'm going to get there--in His way and time.  Yes, Type A personalities like to be in control.  The day I lost total control was indescribable.  I can't even begin to explain my emotions, worries, insecurities and fears the moment it happened.  I felt like a bird without wings--completely helpless, without purpose.

God knows what's best for me.  Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[a] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."

I'm still wandering...and that's okay.  It's a part of getting there. I struggle and get frustrated...OFTEN.  Am I impatient? Very much so.  (God is working another lesson there too.)  I'm not perfect, but anything IS possible.  

I'mPerfectly I'mPossible.








2 comments:

  1. I love this and I love you. How we arrive does not matter as long as we get there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...I have to trust where He is taking me." Good stuff. Glad your voice is out there.

    ReplyDelete