Friday, June 27, 2014

My I'mPossible Friend

I'm a gang member.  I know, you didn't see that coming, but let me explain. 

One of my best friends coined the term to describe our friendship in response to an unwanted (on my part) friendship with someone.  She said, "We don't need more friends.  We are a gang."  Being a gang implies that we will do almost anything for one another.  When you hurt one of us, you hurt all of us. We always have each other's back.  That's what gang members do. We have gang names.  I'm FBI, For Beneficial Information.  Yep, if you need to conduct an investigation, confirm a rumor or just simply be nosy, call the FBI. I do my job VERY well. Every gang member has a purpose and run like any other operation. Don't judge me.

Well, there is one I'mPossible gang member who we call No Nonsense.  She's the one who keeps it real all of the time.  She says what she feels and how she feels.  That's good, but even better she doesn't apologize for it.  Every gang needs one in the group.  It makes the gang tougher, stronger.

No Nonsense is a mother of two young men and she has the gift of interpreting Man Speak.  Such a language does exist. You can't learn it using Rosetta Stone.  It's a gift.  It's her ministry.  Her ministry has saved me from saying more than any woman should ever say many, many times. There is power in the tongue and I'm learning not to kill and destroy others using my tongue. Like me she knows the struggle is real

More importantly she is my framily. She was there for me during the happiest, scariest and saddest moments in my life.  Not too many people, including my mother, can claim that privilege.  So, why is she such an I'mPossible friend?

This month No Nonsense realized her dream of becoming a published author. I share her raw voice and emotion without apology.  Follow her on her new blog http://moodscaping.blogspot.com/2014/06/moodscaping-101.html. If you want to support her, check out her new book, Moodscaping: A thoughtful collection of moods and feelings created and set in poetic phrase on Amazon.com. 
  

Meet April Michelle.  She's an I'mPossible wife, mother, friend and now author.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Sheby for the heartwarming wishes and the shout out. I'mpossible things happen every day. I'm glad that you are sharing your journey with others. Heal others- heal yourself. Peace & Blessings!

    ReplyDelete