Monday, September 8, 2014

Enduring the Storm


Seems like I haven't had much to share lately. It's the complete opposite.  Well, a storm came through.  My world has been like a Category 5 Hurricane with five different names.  I've battled health issues that has limited my ability to put my thoughts to print.  My professional and personal lives squeeze every bit of energy I have.  

But I'm still here....holding on with faith. 

The one thing that I'm learning through this storm is patience and temperance.  As a result of reading my blog, an I'mPossible friend asked if I would take an assessment called "How Well Do I Love?"  It gives a person a picture of themselves as it pertains to love and clarifies what love is biblically.  The assessment is a tool for healing and for the edification for current and future relationships.  


He sent me the link and after some procrastinating, I finally took the assessment.  My results were not what I expected.  Our education system focuses so much on passing and failing that I interpreted my results as being average! I'll share my scores later, but  the focus of this post is where my scores were lowest, temperance, patience, kindness and love towards self.

Anyone who REALLY knows me can tell you that I have the patience of a stink bug.  Yep, I don't like extra, drama, foolishness, ignorance and the list goes on but you get the idea. Extra is not my ministry! 

So, God is shaping me.  

This Category 5 is teaching me a lot about humility and continuing to love myself through the storm.  I've been in a vulnerable emotional and physical space for some time now.  Loving yourself can be hard when you're going through the storm.  Somehow when you run out of others to blame, you blame yourself. Being in a guilty space can do a lot of damage and leave us vulnerable to anything that we think will take the guilt away.  Don't be fooled. We just don't end up where we are for no reason and it's not always our fault. Hurricanes have a way of tossing and turning things upside down.  They can be scary and even deadly. I'm being weathered in every possible way.

I'm respecting God's timetable.  

It's so hard most days. Some days I'm emotionally drained.  Here lately most are physically challenging.  I count it all as a blessing because I'm still here. We always want Jesus to hurry up and fix it. There are no quick fixes--only fasting and praying. I respect it's all in His time and not mine.    There is a purpose.

If you are enduring a storm, be patient.  Respect God's work and timing. The purpose of the storm is to create something new.....in you!

#RespectGod'sWorkandTiming  #BePatient  #LoveYourselfThroughItAll

  



No comments:

Post a Comment