Thursday, August 21, 2014

Perfection is Not a Requirement

Today I experienced the power of hope.  Yes, hope. Hope is the feeling of expectation.  Hope is the thread that keeps your faith intact.  Remember your faith is in motion but hope is keeping it together. Let me explain.

Hope led me to a stranger who is now my friend through her faith in Christ.  We somehow got connected on Facebook through a couple of mutual connections. I can't remember if I sent her the connection or she sent it to me. (Stay with me...the Holy Spirit is working.) She shared with me that around 3:30 am she reached to turn off her mobile phone.  For some reason she chose to check her phone and saw my blog post, Faith in Motion.  She commented and asked that I send her my phone number so we could connect.  I sent her my phone number. Normally I would not have done this.  She's somewhat a stranger, but I did it without considering any consequence other than she would call. She called and left me a message to say that my post led her into prayer because it was the word she needed from God.  I later called her back and we just talked. I told her receiving her message this morning brought me to tears, prayer and worship too. 

Sometimes the very word you are seeking from God gets transferred to someone else and back to you to confirm that God is working it out for you. (Yes, that was a mouthful. But read it again.)  I told her that my posts are genuinely written as my life happens unscripted.  I craft these posts either in my head during the course of the day and then furiously transfer them to my computer. Sometimes something tugs at my spirit and I just share it.  

I've never tried anything like this before. This is God.  All Him.  I started this blog while sitting at my desk one day at work because I had this burst of creative energy that I needed to release. The blog title came and the words flowed from my heart in a matter of minutes. As I wrote Faith in Motion, I was weary and exhausted wanting to give up. What the devil tried to take from me yesterday was returned by God today. Today hope brought me renewed faith and focus.

My life is imperfect in every way and can be quite jacked up if I let it.  I know God is doing something in me and preparing something wonderful for my life. Connecting with this new friend strengthened my hope in what God has promised for me and her. I don't know her story.  I do know that she is connecting herself to God which will keep her connected to me. 

God sent another word for me today. A friend texted me the quote, "You don't need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired how you deal with your imperfection."  I simply replied, "Glory!" 

Life isn't perfect but you can still be possible in everything you do. Perfection is not a requirement. I'm getting closer...we're getting closer!

#TheHopeExperience  #PerfectionIsNotARequirement  #OnTheVergeOfABreakthrough


No comments:

Post a Comment