Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Faith in Motion

My faith is in motion, very slow motion. This week has proved to be very challenging and exhausting physically and emotionally.  Almost getting through the day seemed impossible at best.  But I'm still here...

I decided to make some personal sacrifices this week. Lately I have not made the best decisions for myself.  I reacted based on emotion or decided on compulsion.  Not good either way.  So, I decided to fast. The prayer keeps me in dialogue with God and the fasting disciplines me to respect His power while controlling my own desires.

It's time to deny myself what I want and receive what God wants for me. Let's just say the devil has come heavy handed with a team of bandits.  He's tried to kill my spirit, attack my character and steal my hope. Every thought, word or action put me in crisis mode this week. There were moments I wanted to cry to comfort myself and I couldn't. My physical defenses became weaker and started opening windows and doors to all sorts of demonic thoughts and spirits to take up residence in my spirit. 

I'm still here because I know God is up to something. The devil has tried to make me feel less than all week in every area of my life.  He's worked overtime and it's only Wednesday. These are the moments when you when you just want to give in which is worse than giving up.  Giving up is knowing that what the devil is saying is a lie but you fail to keep pushing through it and accept whatever comes your way.  I refuseGiving in is believing what the devil is telling you about your situation or yourself. He wants you to give in to his dire ways, his lack and his darkness and reside there. This is never an option. 
  
The devil only fights you when God is on the verge of doing something great. I was close to giving up today.  Very close. It's okay.  I'm still here.  I'm still fighting.  Still praying.  Still fasting.  Still believing.

Whatever you are going through is temporary.  The devil is after you because God is doing something for you. Your faith is what is going to allow you to see it. Keep your faith in motion.  You're going to win!

#FaithInMotion  #IgnoreTheDevil #AllIDoIsWinWithGod


No comments:

Post a Comment