Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Handsfree

I never knew until today how much I use my hands. I'm living handsfree for the next several days.  Yes, handsfree. In the last couple of weeks, my fingers have become immovable sausages feeling like they're frying in a pan. So, the doctor, said not to return to work and limit the use of my hands. Over exertion is his current thought, but not a diagnosis. This blog post and cooking dinner are the only activities using my hands today.  My mind has been quite busy which I also contribute to my prescribed prednisone. The last thing I needed was a steroid!  

So, what does a Super/Wonder Woman like me do?  Think, watch mindless TV and surf the Internet on one of my devices until the battery dies and then I move on to the next fully charged one.  

(Note to self, time to get more screen protectors.)

My hands keep me busy doing something from the second my feet hit the floor each morning to the moment my head hits my pillow. At work, I'm using my hands at my desk non-stop for about 7-8 hours a day.  Answering emails, filling out forms, signing documents, writing notes and the list goes on.  My thumbs and index fingers are in constant motion when I receive a call, scrolling Facebook, playing on apps or sending texts.  Get home, it's cooking dinner, laundry, driving, going to the gym, or other activities.  

So, my hands stopped working today.  If it wasn't for the pain I probably would have ignored the doctor and kept my hands pretty busy. I can't imagine my life being differently-abled, but I'm all about God's will so, I won't go there.  

In the boredom of my day, I did receive a spiritual diagnosis. Handsfree.... Yep.  My hands are over exerted, stressed.  I'm carrying my stress in critical areas of my body. Believe me, I was there about two years ago with mysterious excruciating stomach pains that yielded Vicodin prescriptions and empty test results.  I was carrying the stress of a failing marriage during December of 2012.  It was the worst Christmas ever! Here I am again, but with my hands suffering. I am wrestling with some stuff (I can't describe it any other way for it to make sense,) and I'm getting in my own way of trying to fix it.  My hands are all in it. God is telling me to stop and be still.

(Another note to self, I'm going to figure this out one day and save money on copays!)

God has a way of stopping us dead in our tracks when it's time for Him to navigate things.  I'm so caught up being Super/Wonder Woman, that I forget the Real Superhero!  (I hope to complete this thought before my prednisone wears off!) He gave His Son who was pierced in His hands for me. That was a human sacrifice for a superhuman will.  Every time I feel pain in my hands, I think of His hands and His suffering for me. So, humbling and there is no greater sacrifice or love!

So, I'm now  living a handsfree life.  Let God be God. My hands are not His hands. Ask for His hand in everything! 

#HandsfreeLifestyle #HisHandsBledForMe #MyHandsAreNotHisHands

No comments:

Post a Comment