Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Sharing my story. We Fight Together!

When asked to share my story, I had to think really hard about whether I had a story.  We all have a story within us.  We decide whether we give it a voice.  I gave my story a voice in June when I created my blog I’mPerfectly I’mPossible.  My blog shares my journey of navigating through life’s imperfections to a destination of possibilities.  This journey is about my struggle through an unwanted divorce, discovering who I had become and who God wants to me to be. 

I turned 40 in April and had become a divorced single mother.  My personal life was in turmoil.  My professional life had rendered a demotion and all of its disadvantages. In a matter of three weeks I was stripped of everything that I had worked so hard to achieve. This is not the place I imagined I’d be at 40.  I felt devalued and without purpose. I fought the good fight and ended up defeated.  At least that’s what the enemy wanted me to believe.  My battle was not about defeat but achieving a level of victory for God’s Kingdom.  It was a victory in breaking emotional and spiritual bondage. I divorced a life that did not build me spiritually and emotionally.  God restored everything that I unknowingly gave away.  God does not intend for us to live in any kind of bondage whether it’s mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, sexual or social.  The battle in each of us is to free ourselves and to live and love in purpose.

My blog has helped me give life to how I’m evolving into my purpose while healing along the way.  This journey requires me to be transparent in dealing with the elephant in the room, traveling without baggage and recovering from emotional bankruptcy. I’m discovering my purpose every day.  My purpose gives me the strength to keeping fighting to love again while unlocking all the possibilities that God has for me.  

While on your journey, remember to focus on what you’re fighting to rather than what you’re fighting against.   I’m Sheby.  I’mPerfectly I’mPossible.  So are you. 

For more information about We Fight Together organization, please click on the link to the right under I'mPerfectly I'mPossible Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment