Sunday, August 3, 2014

My I'mPossible Investment Strategy

For once in my life I feel like I have purpose. Purpose beyond being someone's daughter, wife, mother or sister. It's a feeling of I can do this.  I want to do that.  I would love to try that.  It's a feeling of living rather than existing. I'mPossible!

I've been existing for forty years. I've tried to live up to the various expectations of the aforementioned purposes. I invested in people and they invested in me.  However, as a wife, over a period of time some of the investments no longer yielded results due to low or no interest, repeated losses or no gains.  Divorce was a result of no mutual gains.  I'm learning to see my life very differently now.  I have different investors, interests and goals.  Why shouldn't I?  After all, I'm living now.

So now, I'm creating my I'mPossible investment strategy. My strategy is very simple but requires a lot of commitment, love and faith.  Not in that particular order, but it will require me to live rather than exist.  

  • Develop a relationship with my Investor.  God is my primary Investor. In this relationship I rely on faith, but commit to obedience.  I have the faith that he will carry me through whatever, whenever.  I have to fully invest in His Word and live accordingly.  This strategy is imperfect on my part, because I will take risks that will not yield positive results. But it's through my repentance that He will make deposits into my account when I'm running low.
  • Avoid risky investments.  You've heard everything that looks good isn't good.  I desire to invest my time, love and life with others who share my same strategy.  Being with someone who does not share the same relationship with the Investor, will only land you bankrupt! I've worked too hard to lose it all over again.  I'm learning to pray and ask God for direction about who comes into my life and the purpose they serve.  
  • Manage vested interests.  There are benefits to being fully vested.  One party benefits due to the growth of the other over a designated period of time.  I'm making sure that those attached to me are invested because of mutual gains.  Nothing is more devastating to have someone walk away with all of your trust funds leaving you bankrupt!  (Are you seeing a theme here?)
  • Enjoy the returns. This is by far the most exciting part of my strategy! These are the moments when all of the investing, funds management and decision making has paid off in a big way.  This is when God shows up with the BIG deposits.
All of this is fairly new to me.  I'm still working out the details, but I'm feeling optimistic about where I'm headed.  It makes me a little nervous, but with a taste of excitement.  This is what living is all about!  

Are you living or simply existing?  What's your I'mPossible investment strategy?

#I'mPossibleInvestments #I'mLivingNotExisiting #KnowingMyInvestor

No comments:

Post a Comment