Saturday, October 11, 2014

Destination Rock Bottom

When I'm going through my storm I often feel desperate, anxious and hopeless.  I make poor choices.  I feel like I've finally hit rock bottom like it's a destination point.  Rock Bottom is not on my itinerary, and hadn't planned to go to there.  Somehow I find myself traveling on this road with a sign reading Destination Rock Bottom ahead.  So, I'm making a choice in the wee hours of the night to make a U-turn.
  
My spirit cringes every time I heard the word joy.  I cringe only because I had allowed my storms to overshadow my faith and hope.  I was spending time convincing my spirit of one thing but following my mind on something totally different.  I don't want to be in this spiritual space of despair.  It's when we are so close to Destination Rock Bottom that we become more in tune with what is about to happen our lives.  It's like the point of no return.  (The devil is a liar!)

I'm back with a life-changing decision.  I choose JOY!  It's easy to say despite what is happening in my life I choose to be faithful, hopeful and joyous through the storms, but he hardest part is believing.  So, my life-changing decision is believing it. Remember, I'm human, perfectly imperfect.  

I have to remind myself of the story of Job.  I must learn to patiently endure what God is doing in my life.  He knows best and keeps His promises.  I consider what I'm going through nothing like the magnitude of Job's suffering. Suffering is relational. I'm learning to be grateful in knowing that God doesn't give us more than we can handle.

My journey continues....

I choose to be grateful that I am still here fighting through this storm.  I choose to be faithful that God is going to turn this thing around when He's ready.  I choose to position myself to know that I can still be happy in spite of the hell that is breaking loose in my life.  I choose to be I'mPossible.  I choose JOY!

You are going through something. You feel like you are close to Destination Rock Bottom in your job, your marriage, your relationship, your finances or your health.  Know that God will choose to turn your situation around or He may choose to turn you around. He also gives you the free will to make a choice too. Make the U-turn.  

#DesitnationRockBottomIsNotOnMyGPS #MakeTheUTurn #ChooseJoy




No comments:

Post a Comment