Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Whole in One


Why are status labels so important in our society?  Why can't we just be label free?  So when I'm challenged with choosing that box that best describes my status, my spirit fills with a flurry of emotion.  Do I check divorced or single? 

I openly describe myself as divorced Christian mother.  Divorced and Christian are competing descriptors.  You are Christian and divorced?  How can that be?  For the purpose of this blog I wanted to validate my experience with my readers to let them now that I've been married and my experiences are true and relevant.  Almost as if I must be "certified" to write about my own experiences.

I have an  I'mPossible friend who is only a couple of years older than my stepson, but wise beyond her years.  During one of our intellectually charged conversations we began talking about being single. She wasn't ashamed to be so in her mid-20s.  More importantly for her single simply meant being whole and not alone. 

The conversation continued because she is where I used to be and desperately trying to get back to.  Well, being young isn't obviously on the list, but her spunk, energy and love of life is so vivid! I want to feel that way again! I shared with her that I had not moved to single status for several reasons.  I'm still grieving the end of my marriage.  It's not necessarily because of my ex-spouse, but because of all of the memories that were created and how they will never be created by that unit again. 

I'm in transition. 

I can't move from married to single status over night. I'm still divorcing from a lot of other things in my life.  Emotions.  Soul ties.  Anger.  Resentment.  Brokenness. I'm still going through the process to becoming Whole in One. I'm work in progress. I'm focused on being honest with where I am in life and divorce people, behavior and thinking that prevents me from finding my joy again. I will be free from hurt and anger.  No longer thriving off resentment and pieced back together.  Whole again. 

In the meantime, I patiently allow God to have His way. I don't understand it all.  The process is scary at times.  The stress can be unbearable.  I'm learning not to worry too much, but my body sometimes feels otherwise.

Learn to live label free.  Divorce the people and things that are holding you back from what God wants for you.  Focus becoming whole again. 

#DivorcingStuff  #WholeInOne  #LivingLabelFree

No comments:

Post a Comment