Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Are you Houseful but Homeless?

When I separated, I left our house.  It was a quick transition.  I made the decision to leave on a Monday, found an apartment on Wednesday and moved out in a matter of hours on that same Friday.  (Just remember, I don’t mess around when it’s time to handle business.)  By Saturday morning, my son and I were waking up in a swanky apartment less than 10 minutes away.  Jay was most excited about having his own bathroom and a private pool.  More importantly we were together and okay.  Many questioned why I left “the house.”  My response was that it no longer felt like home.  It was just a house that I lived in.  It may have meant more to Jay because that’s the only home he knew.  It broke my heart to take him away from his home, but God was at it again.

The apartment was ideal, but living was different. We were tucked away. I was six minutes from Jay’s school and literally two minutes (with traffic) to my job.  I was in living in the heartbeat of the city.  We felt safe again, at least for a little while. 

The apartment is where I experienced my emotional bankruptcy.  Looking in the rearview mirror, the apartment didn’t have a lot of windows that we were accustomed to at the house.  No carpet but cold concrete floors.  It became very dark on cloudy and rainy days although it felt quite cozy most days.  Fast forward about 12 months later, all hell broke loose again!  I was demoted on my job which came with all of it’s disadvantages a week after I signed another lease. Surely, Jay and I needed somewhere to stay. I was not in a financial or emotional state to move again.

A month later, I signed divorce papers.
 
I really felt homeless, again. However, directly across the street a townhome was for sale. It was a bright pale yellow home among a rainbow of townhouses.  Jay and I had coveted that house for months. (Yes, I coveted.  I sinned.  Desperation will make you do that.)  Jay told me we are going to live in that house. God was speaking through my child again!  On September 13, we moved directly across the street in the townhouse I had prayed for. (Mind you, I was demoted, financially strained and divorced within a matter of weeks!)

Praise note: WON’T HE DO IT!

I say all of this to let you know that the house that I moved from was no longer a home.  There was hurt, pain, confusion, demonic spirits and depression residing there.  God does not intend for us to reside in homes filled with such ungodliness.  That’s why He moved me. The apartment served as a temporary location for me detox—like a rehab facility.  The apartment was where I rode the emotional rollercoaster day in and day out.  It’s was my final battleground to leave one thing and transition to another. 

Now we have a HOME full of love and happiness.  Our home is not huge, but much larger than our apartment. There are lots of windows.  We take in morning and evening sun.  It’s bright even on cloudy and rainy days.  The ceilings are high like the heavens.  Although I’m in midst of the hustle and bustle of downtown (train station to the left and fire station directly across the street), it is the most peaceful and quiet sanctuary. 

We open our home to fellowship with family and friends often. However, spirits of confusion, lust, deceit and all that other ungodly stuff aren't welcomed under ANY circumstances.  I check those things at the door.  My home is not an open invitation for anything or anyone—House Rules.  We live, love and pray in this home.  We cry occasionally.  Crying means God is still moving us spiritually.

Who or what are you allowing to reside in your home?  Is it your sanctuary or battleground?  Are you HOUSEFUL BUT HOMELESS?  Ask God to move you from your current residence.  He will build you a HOME.  He built one for me.


#HousefulbutHomeless #HouseRules #Who’sResidingInYourHouse

No comments:

Post a Comment