Sunday, July 13, 2014

My Brokeness is a Blessing

Last Sunday my family reunion worshipped together in the church that I grew up.  After two days of traveling back and forth to Virginia I opted to attend my church.  Of course, my mom asked why didn't I come home.  According to her, everyone was asking about me.  I simply told her, "I was worshipping where I was supposed to be."  I know it sounds rather curt, but it was the truth. It was not the answer she wanted to hear.  That's okay.  It's not about what she wanted to hear, but I needed to hear. 

Here's why.....

I've been wanting to start a blog for quite some time now.  I couldn't explain why, but there was a tugging in my spirit to do so.  So, one day I was at my computer and literally in an hour, it was created.  I don't spend days writing my posts.  I may spend a couple of days compiling thoughts in my mind, but it generally comes together once I start typing.  I work for a newspaper, but I'm not a writer or ever studied journalism.  I do my best to make sure my grammar is correct, especially my subject-verb agreement!

My pastor, Bryan J. Pierce, Sr., shared a message titled, God's Favor that Sunday.  He noted five major points. (II Samuel 9:3-5)
  1. He will bless a present generation because of a previous generation.
  2. He will bless you in spite of your brokenness.
  3. He will use your brokenness as a blessing.
  4. He will bring you to the King's table.
  5. Benefits of being at the table: restoration, resources and relationships.
While listening to this message, I received such clarity about my blogging. We often think that our inspiration or hope comes from someone who appears to have already been healed but not on a journey to recovery. 

I'm learning to walk in a new life--creating new I'mPossibilities every day.  I'm still broken in many ways and becoming blessed and favored in others. That's completely normal.  It's not a process but a journey.  Journey implies traveling from one place to another where a process is a systematic serious of actions or steps to achieve a particular end.  I don't want an end. I want infinite I'mPossibilities!

Bear with me on this journey.  My brokenness is a blessing.  I share my brokenness to help you realize your brokenness is a  blessing too. I encourage you to exercise your faith, share your experiences with me and grow through the I'mPerfections of your life.  I don't have all of the answers, but I know where to get them.  

I believe we get lost on our journey because we have too much fear, shame low self-esteem or pride to ask for help.  We spend too much of our lives waiting to see what our job, spouse or relationships will give us.  This journey is about reaching all that God has for you.  He provides the restoration, resources and relationships. Know His Terms & Conditions.  You will need them on this journey if you every want to move to the next place.

I remind myself every day.....

I'm broken.  I'm a blessing. I'mPerfectly. I'mPossible.  

#BrokennessandBlessings  #JourneytoRecovery


No comments:

Post a Comment