Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

Independence Day is a revered holiday in America.  You see American flags all over the place, people getting excited about fireworks and families grilling and spending time together.  Red, white and blue everywhere! I'm very grateful for all of the sacrifices our forefathers made to allow us to live in freedom.  I'm also grateful for the independence that my Heavenly Father has also given me.  Let me explain....

About a year ago, my life was turned upside down.  There was so much uncertainty personally, emotionally and professionally.  My marriage was quickly dissolving.  I was an emotional wreck.  I spent most of my work hours preparing to eliminate jobs.  I was running on fumes and too much was happening too fast.  I couldn't control what was happening in my life!

As I look back, God was creating my declaration of independence.  He was declaring that I would be free from those anxieties, fears and uncertainties. It was a fine tuned plan with details I couldn't have ever imagined. He is author of something great, something I'mPossible. 

During my war for freedom, I prayed, wrote in my journal, tithed and literally had the faith of a mustard seed.  I was tired from the battles, but wore my armor of obedience and faith everyday.

About two months after last Independence Day,  God declared me free from an unhealthy marriage, provided Jay and I with a new home (that was nothing but God!) and more job stability.  Don't you hear the fireworks?!

God is working on another declaration of independence.  I'm still in bondage in some other areas, but the battle is already won.  I'm fighting and winning the battle everyday.

This 4th of July what are needing to be freed from?  Write your declaration of independence today.  It's I'mPossible!

I hope you have a safe and wonderful 4th of July!

#IndependenceDay #I'mPossible



No comments:

Post a Comment