Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Unfinished Business

I'm still unpacking one piece of baggage...unfinished business. Pay attention to the adverb still. The word still defined as an adverb means up to and including the present or the time mentioned. I'm still carrying it around hoping that someone will take it away from me.  Well, I've decided to put it down. It's full and heavy.  It makes my body hurt and it's getting in the way on this journey. It's slowing me down. I don't need it. 

I shared in a previous post that I have strong Type A tendencies.  I crave closure and decisions based on objectivity and facts.  Relationships don't work that way.  When a relationship ends without closure for both persons, one individual is left a feeling of guilt and shame.  You beat yourself up about what you could have done or said differently to change the situation.  Been there a couple of times. 

Here's what I'm learning while unpacking.  I was either spared a horrible truth or avoided a shameful lie.  That's it.  I think that sometimes God decides an ending without a final verdict.  If He didn't, we wouldn't need faith on this journey. We don't always need to have an answer. It just is.  

I see unfinished business as an I'mPossiblity.  There many possible reasons why I'm divorced, but I have discovered even greater possibilities about myself going through this process.  Unfinished business gives us hope that something we want or wanted will come back to us.  If God closed the door, why keep trying to open it?  He knows better for me than I'll ever know for myself.

So, I'm no longer taking unfinished business with me on this journey.  I just need a little faith in my pocket. Faith weighs less and a little can go a very long way. I'm packing way lighter now.  

#packinglighternow

No comments:

Post a Comment