Tuesday, July 1, 2014

No Apology Needed

I didn't realize how disconnected I had become with some very good friends until I started my blog.  I've received numerous messages and emails from friends extending their apologies and thoughts regarding my divorce.  It just shows me how much my friends care and how important they are to me and my journey.

I have two I'mPossible friends that I met over 20 years ago during my college days at the University of Virginia.  One friend I met while working at a local boutique on The Corner. She was one of the nicest persons you could ever meet. We became very good friends and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding. Her marriage became a very unhealthy relationship and ultimately ended in divorce.  She sent me a message earlier today because she had read my blog. She shared that she doesn't regret her divorce, and relieved for her divorce. 

There is I'mPossible power in her voice.  

Although I didn't get married to get divorced, life happens.  I'm grateful that she walked away. I believe that marriage not what God wanted for her. She is now remarried and have children.  She is living a life without regret.  

I met my other I'mPossible friend when we lived in Weeden Hall while at UVa. We became good friends right away.  Our April birthdays are four days apart, same year. We were able to keep the friendship after college when she moved to NC to attend medical school.  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding too, but her marriage also ended in divorce.  She shared that it's taken her a long time to recover and she's still working on some things. 

I hear I'mPossible hope in her voice. 

I'm learning not to live with regret and focus on hope.

My journey has reconnected me with two very I'mPossible friends. I love them both for who they are, I'mPerfectly I'mPossible women.

No comments:

Post a Comment